Lemon water is a popular health tip that offers several benefits beyond its detoxifying properties.
Here are five benefits that you can gain from drinking lemon water.
1. Consuming lemon water in the morning can aid in kick-starting the digestion process, fighting indigestion, heartburn, and bloating. Lemon is also known to stimulate the production of bile and gastric juices, which can help prevent gas formation.
2. Natural lemon water is a rich source of vitamin C, vitamin B, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and enzymes, making it an excellent immune system booster.
3. The high antioxidant content of lemon water helps to prevent damage caused by free radicals, making it beneficial for the skin.
4. Drinking lemon water can help hydrate the body and stimulate the metabolism, making it an effective way to start the day. It can also help in making drinking water more enjoyable due to its pleasant taste.
5. Lemon water is rich in fiber and can help with gut transit and colon hydration, making it an effective remedy for constipation, particularly on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.
Lukewarm lemon water
It's crucial to note that the temperature of the water should be lukewarm and not hot, as it is absorbed more efficiently when it is at the same temperature as our body.
Lemon water is not alkalizing
Also, lemon water does not alkalize the blood, as the kidneys, liver, and lungs are responsible for regulating blood acidity.